Packed with healthy superfoods and a little caffeine given by matcha powder, this creamy bowl is a perfect green smoothie for breakfast. Chia seeds and oats add density and fiber, while mango and fresh ginger add sweetness and a spicy flavor.
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 cup of coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen mango cubes
- 1 cup of packaged spinach
- 1 tablespoon of almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha (green tea powder)
- Coconut flakes, granola and/or unsweetened raspberries (to serve)
How to make the bowl
Soak oats and chia seeds in coconut milk in a small bowl for at least 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender and add avocado, ginger, mango, spinach and the almonds. Blend until smooth, then divide between 2 bowls. Garnish with coconut, granola and/or raspberries and serve. Sprinkle with Matcha green tea. To reduce prep time in the morning, soak the oats and chia seeds the night before. Assemble all other ingredients except avocado in a resealable container or blender jug and refrigerate overnight.