Everybody loves a creamy and crispy crème brulée. Although have you ever tried infusing Jasmine Fuding Imperial green tea into it? It elevates the flavour profile by adding an aromatic and floral taste to the already delicious dessert. The Jasmine Fuding Imperial green tea is from Fujian, and has a rich taste due to the tea leaves being scented with jasmine flower buds five times. I promise it’s worth trying out for yourself, and it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare!
Ingredients (serves 2)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 100ml of almond milk
- 100ml of coconut cream (from a chilled can of coconut milk)
- 20g of maple syrup
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp of Jasmine Fuding Imperial green tea
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Brown sugar
How to make Jasmine Fuding Imperial Green Tea Crème Brulée
- Preheat oven to 140°C.
- Heat milk and coconut cream in a small saucepan until it boils.
- Stir in maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Remove from heat and add Jasmine Fuding tea leaves. Steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain tea leaves from the mixture.
- Mix egg and egg yolk in a bowl together and slowly pour the concoction into the saucepan, stirring all the while.
- Once combined, pour into 2 ramekins. Place the ramekins in a baking pan and fill up the water until it’s even with the crème brulée mixture (usually 2/3 of the ramekin).
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- When finished, place ramekins in the fridge and let it set for 2-3 hours.
- When serving, sprinkle brown sugar onto your crème brulées and torch the top until the sugar melts and caramelizes.
Did you enjoy this unique and aromatic crème brulée?